Inventory Unit Detail
2014 KTM 300 XC
The 300 XC combines massive 2-stroke power, unrivaled torque and the superior handling of its chassis to make it a top choice in extreme offroad conditions. The compact 2-stroke engine supplies the best performance that money can currently buy.
- Optimized Engine: The engine has a redesigned reed valve housing featuring Boyesen high-performance reeds. Thanks to the innovations, performance has been optimized and responsiveness improved. Ignition curve and cylinder head have been optimized and the carburetor setting adjusted. The new developments make the 300 XC even more rideable.
- Electric Starter: The KTM 300 XC is equipped with both kick and electric starters in 2014 and a more powerful battery than ever. This simplifies starting the bike in all situations. With its patented placement in a longitudinal direction above the ignition, the compact starter system is optimally protected and provides a decisive advantage in hard offroad use.
- Cylinder Head: A new cylinder head with optimized combustion chamber makes its debut in MY 2014, delivering more effective combustion and above all better responsiveness in the partial load range. This results in better power development and optimized rideability.
- Wheels: The wheels use lightweight, CNC-machined hubs, high-end rims and spokes coated in black with lightweight aluminum nipples to achieve maximum stability at minimum weight. The OEM Dunlop Geomax MX51 tires deliver perfect traction and outstanding performance. XC models come with an 18" rear wheel and Giant rims.
- Brakes: High-Tech Brembo brakes have always been standard equipment on KTM offroad bikes. Combined with the lightweight Wave discs, they are the ultimate solution in braking technology. The SX/XC models gain a newly developed master cylinder with a new reservoir , a smaller piston diameter and optimized lever kinematics. Combined with new brake pads, this makes for another perceptible improvement of front brake performance and action. New master cylinder with new reservoir, new lever, optimized kinematics and smaller piston diameter (down from 10mm to 9mm); new colors on master cylinder and reservoir (sand blasted aluminum with black cap); new brake pads.
- Bodywork: In shaping the bodywork, the KTM designers’ ergonomic and design focus was to achieve complete harmony between rider and bike, down to the finest details. The front fender is a prime example of a molded polymer component gaining maximum stability through a well thought-out structure and mounting. XC models come with hand guards and side stand.
- Handlebar: All SX & XC models are fitted with the super strong, tapered Renthal Fatbar 827 whose bend is especially well suited to the requirements of racing. The proven standard KTM mount allows to fix the handlebar in four different positions. A large Renthal bar pad in a classy combination of black and silver, offers effective crash protection for the rider.
- Graphics: New, classy graphics with clear lines visually underscore the exacting standards of what KTM deems a true, cutting-edge bike.
- Frame: The state-of-the-art frame design made of lightweight, high-strength chromoly steel sections combines maximum longitudinal stiffness with optimum torsional rigidity. It guarantees easy handling and precise cornering, but also outstanding stability.
- Swingarm: The cast aluminum swingarm has been developed with state-of-the-art calculation and simulation software and constructed, in terms of design and wall thickness, for minimum weight with optimum stiffness and precisely defined flexibility. For the 2014 model year, our engineers have revised the chainguide for the benefit of higher functional reliability, while simultaneously reducing the weight.
- Superior Suspension Settings: For 2014, all XC models are fitted with a newly developed 48mm 4CS Closed Cartridge fork featuring the patented 4-Chamber-System. The sophisticated design provides very constant and sensitive damping characteristics and an adjustable end progression. The new hand click adjuster system is now accessible on top of the fork, rebound on the right hand side, compression on the left. The fork is fitted with improved seal rings made by SKF and high performance fork oil (SAE 4). Compared to the predecessor, the new 4CS fork is lighter , easier to maintain and has been completely valved to match the shock for XC racing.
- Triple Clamps: The lower triple clamp has been modified for optimum attachment of the new front fender. Thanks to its new contour and attachment with two bolts from the front and two from below, the new fender boasts significantly higher stability.
- Design: 1-cylinder 2-stroke engine, water-cooled, with reed intake and exhaust control
- Displacement: 293.2 cm³ (17.892 cu in.)
- Bore: 72 mm (2.83 in.)
- Stroke: 72 mm (2.83 in.)
- Starting aid: Kick starter and electric starter
- Gearbox: 6-gear, claw shifted
- Primary transmission: 26:72
- Secondary ratio: 14:50 (13:50)
- Clutch: Multidisc clutch DDS in oil bath/hydraulically activated
- Ignition: Contactless controlled fully electronic ignition with digital ignition adjustment, type Kokusan
- Frame: Central tube frame made of chrome molybdenum steel tubing
- Fork: WP Suspension Up Side Down 4860 MXMA CC
- Shock absorber: WP Suspension 5018 BAVP DCC
- Suspension travel Front: 300 mm (11.81 in.)
- Suspension travel Rear: 317 mm (12.48 in.)
- Brake system: Disc brakes, brake calipers on floating bearings
- Brake discs - diameter Front: 260 mm (10.24 in.)
- Brake discs - diameter Rear: 220 mm (8.66 in.)
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Steering head angle: 63.5 deg.
- Wheelbase: 1,495±10 mm (58.86±0.39 in.)
- Ground clearance unloaded: 385 mm (15.16 in.)
- Seat height unloaded: 992 mm (39.06 in.)
- Total fuel tank capacity, approx.: 10 L (2.6 US gal.) Super unleaded gasoline (95 octane), mixed with 2-stroke engine oil (1:60)
- Weight without fuel, approx.: 103.9 kg (229.1 lb.)
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder 2-stroke engine, water-cooled, with reed intake and exhaust control
- 293.2 cm³ (17.892 cu in.)
- Bore and Stroke
- 2.83 x 2.83 in. (72 x 72 mm)
- Contactless controlled fully electronic ignition with digital ignition adjustment, type Kokusan
- Front Suspension
- WP Suspension Up Side Down 4860 MXMA CC
- Front Brakes
- Disc brakes, brake calipers on floating bearings
- Rear Suspension
- WP Suspension 5018 BAVP DCC
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brakes, brake calipers on floating bearings
- Dry Weight
- 229.1 lb. (103.9 kg)
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.6 US gal. (10 L)
- 58.86±0.39 in. (1,495±10 mm)
- Ground Clearance
- 15.16 in. (385 mm)
- Seat Height
- 39.06 in. (992 mm)
- 6-gear, claw shifted
- Final Drive
- 5/8 x 1/4 in. Chain