Inventory Unit Detail
2015 KTM 350 SX-F
2015 360 sxf
The 350 SX-F continually causes a real sensation! In 2013, it succeeded in winning the MX1 World Championship in commanding style for the third time in succession and in dominating the MX of Nations. Toni Cairoli clearly has complete control of this class with his 350 SX-F and he loves this ingenious concept of low weight, playful handling and rev-oriented engine characteristics. A unique recipe for success, from which professionals benefit just as much as amateurs.
- Frame: The modern frame design of the SX models, comprising lightweight, high strength, chrome-molybdenum steel section tubes, combines maximum longitudinal stiffness with optimum torsional stiffness. A forged and milled cross-strut connects the two frame halves with the connecting rod of the linkage on the 2015 SX frame. Omission of the weld seams leads to very precise manufacturing tolerances and greater safety - moreover, it saves another 60 grams of weight.
- Linkage / Shock Absorber: The revamped damping system for MY 2015 features a new linkage with optimized geometry. The flatter progression with a higher initial rate ensures greater stability and lowers the rear end. In addition, the new design saves another 40 grams of weight. The fully adjustable WP 5018 shock absorber has been completely retuned to suit the new linkage.
- Fork: The fully adjustable upside-down fork from WP Suspension has been perfectly tuned to the new rear wheel damping system and the new 22 mm front axle (formerly 26 mm) for MY 2015. The new axle provides a better feel for the front wheel and also saves a further 40 grams. The new fork stubs now feature an offset of 33 mm instead of 35 mm, which together with increased trail deliver greater ride stability. Furthermore, they accommodate newly developed, 50 gram lighter fork protectors.
- Triple Clamps: High quality, CNC-machined triple clamps have long since been standard equipment at KTM. They ensure precise handling and provide a perceptible boost to the flexing characteristics and hence the responsiveness of the telescopic fork. The new O-ring carrier for the lower steering head bearing, a revised shaft tube and the new steering head bolt save another 40 grams.
- Bodywork: KTM engineers have focused on designing the bodywork ergonomically and functionally in such a way that the whole motorcycle is in perfect harmony with the rider down to the very last detail. The front fender is a perfect example of how molded plastic components can gain maximum stability with a well thought out structure and well-conceived attachment.
- Graphics: A new, refined graphic design with clear lines underlines the high demands made of a modern, state-of-the-art offroad motorcycle.
- Seat: The ergonomically perfectly designed seat is equipped with a durable foam core, ensuring both generous comfort and high stability.
- Airbox: At the same time, the design of the airbox guarantees optimum protection of the air filter from dirt plus maximum air throughput for the highest performance. Quick replacement of the twin-air filter - without tools and in a matter of seconds - has long since been an unrivalled KTM standard.
- Fuel Tank: All models in the SX range are equipped with a 7.5 liter, lightweight polyethylene fuel tank. The fuel pump system used on the 4-stroke motocross models is the same as that used on the 4-stroke enduro models, thereby allowing optional fitting of larger tanks from the PowerParts range or from the enduro models.
- Handlebar: All SX models are equipped with the extremely sturdy, tapered Renthal Fatbar 827 handlebar that features an offset specially designed to meet the demands of motocross. In accordance with the proven KTM standard, the handlebar can be fixed in a choice of four positions. For MY 2015, it is equipped with softer two-component grips to spare the rider's hands.
- Wheels: The wheels fitted for MY 2015 feature black coated, high-end Excel rims with lightweight, CNC-machined hubs and spokes with lightweight aluminum nipples, allowing highest levels of stability to be achieved, while keeping weight to a minimum. New Dunlop Geomax MX 52 tires were developed in collaboration with the KTM USA factory team and offer perfect traction with top performance. The new rear sprockets save 50 grams in unsprung mass.
- Brakes: High-tech brakes from Brembo have always been standard equipment on KTM offroad bikes and, together with the lightweight wave brake discs, they are the measure of all things in terms of brake technology. As the best brakes in the motocross class, they remain unchanged for MY 2015.
- Cylinder Head: The DOHC cylinder head excels with ducts dimensioned for optimum flow, which ensure maximum gas throughput and therefore supreme cylinder charging. Ultra-light titanium valves and DLC-coated cam followers allow engine speeds of over 13,000 rpm to be achieved and ensure spontaneous power development plus high peak power that comes very close to that of a 450.
- Crankshaft: The crankshaft on the 350 SX-F is equipped with a plain bearing in the lower conrod eye: Two press-fit bearing shells run directly on the crankshaft's crank pin. The engine's direct pressure lubrication system ensures the necessary oil supply for the bearing. This design is a key factor behind the extremely high engine speed and impressive peak power of the 350cc engine. Another decisive benefit for the customer is that it has been possible to extend the service interval for the crankshaft thanks to the plain bearing.
- Balancer Shaft: To counterbalance the inertia forces, the 350 SX-F engine is equipped with a balancer shaft that acts as a multi-function shaft, driving timing chain and water pump simultaneously.
- Starter: The 350 SX-F engine is equipped as standard with an electric starter – an undisputed benefit when the going gets really tough in the heat of battle, even when a slight weight disadvantage has to be accepted as a consequence.
- Clutch: The very compact CCS (Coil Spring Steel) clutch is equipped with a wear-free steel cage and eight lining discs that are extremely heat-resistant due to the steel base material. The clutch basket has been reworked to make it lighter for MY 2015. The clutch springs are made from a new material that provides more consistent behavior both in tough conditions and for a longer time. The hydraulic clutch actuation system from Brembo guarantees smooth and very precise clutch control.
- Transmission: The 5-speed transmission has been specially designed to match the 350 SX-F engine characteristics and excels with precise and simple shifting.
- Engine Management System (EMS): In conjunction with the revolutionary injector position developed by KTM, the Keihin engine management system (EMS), with electronic fuel injection and 44 mm throttle body, ensures spontaneous responsiveness and maximum engine performance. Various engine characteristics can also still be selected via the EMS, with a map-select switch available as a PowerPart. Furthermore, a user-setting tool (also available as an option) allows data to be read from the bike by laptop and the mapping, ignition and fuel injection to be modified in a matter of a few mouse clicks.
- Design: Single-cylinder, 4-stroke, spark-ignition engine, liquid-cooled
- Displacement: 349.7 cm³
- Bore: 88 mm
- Stroke: 57.5 mm
- Starting aid: Electric starter
- Transmission: 5-speed, claw shifted
- Engine lubrication: Forced oil lubrication with 2 Eaton pumps
- Primary ratio: 24:73
- Secondary gear ratio: 14:50
- Cooling system: Liquid cooling system, continuous circulation of cooling liquid with water pump
- Clutch: Wet multi-disc clutch / Brembo hydraulics
- Ignition system: Contactless, controlled, fully electronic ignition system with digital ignition timing adjustment
- Frame: Central tubular frame made from chrome molybdenum steel tubes
- Forks: WP Suspension Up Side Down 4860 MXMA cc
- Shock absorber: WP Suspension 5018 BAVP DCC
- Suspension travel Front: 300 mm
- Suspension travel Rear: 317 mm
- Brake system: Disc brakes, floating brake calipers
- Brake discs - diameter front: 260 mm
- Brake discs - diameter rear: 220 mm
- Chain: 520 X-ring
- Steering head angle: 63.5 deg.
- Wheel base: 1,495±10 mm
- Ground clearance (unloaded): 375 mm
- Seat height (unloaded): 992 mm
- Total fuel tank capacity approx.: 7.5 L - Unleaded premium fuel (95 RON)
- Weight without fuel approx.: 105.9 kg
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder, 4-stroke, spark-ignition engine, liquid-cooled
- 349.7 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 88 mm x 57.5 mm
- Contactless, controlled, fully electronic ignition system with digital ignition timing adjustment
- Front Suspension
- WP Suspension Up Side Down 4860 MXMA cc
- Front Brakes
- Disc brakes, floating brake calipers
- Rear Suspension
- WP Suspension 5018 BAVP DCC
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brakes, floating brake calipers
- Dry Weight
- 105.9 kg
- Fuel Capacity
- 7.5 L
- 1,495±10 mm
- Ground Clearance
- 375 mm
- Seat Height
- 992 mm
- 5-speed, claw shifted
- Final Drive
- 520 X-ring chain