Inventory Unit Detail
2016 KTM 250 XCFW
2015 250 xcfw cameron
The lively 4-stroke receives with the excellent DOHC engine distinguished mainly by significantly more torque than its predecessor. The power plant, the optimized frame and the new bodywork make the 250 XCF-W a champion's bike.
- Airbox: The air filter can be quickly replaced without the use of any tools, thanks to an ingenious airbox design guarantees optimum filter protection from flying dirt while creating maximum airflow for high performance. The airbox covers are manufactured in a 2-component process with in-mold graphics. In addition, two extra flaps on the left cover allow it to be secured with bolts if desired.
- Bodywork: The bodywork has been designed to achieve complete harmony between rider and bike, down to the finest details.
- Fuel Tank: The large capacity fuel tank is constructed of lightweight polyethylene and specifically designed for off-road use. A ¼-turn bayonet filler cap features a release mechanism for quick and easy refueling.
- Graphics: New graphics with clear lines visually underscore the exacting standards of what KTM deems a true, cutting-edge off-road bike
- Handlebar: All XC-W models are fitted with super strong, tapered Neken handlebars made of high tensile aluminum alloy that can be mounted in four positions. Standard equipment hand guards made of a new 2-component polymer for durability and effective hand protection.
- Speedo: The speedometer by MAE integrates all the warning and indicator lights in a single unit. This gives the cockpit a clean and minimal look, with clear and readily available information.
- Cooling System: The proven integrated KTM cooling system routes the coolant from the cylinder head through the frame triangle directly to the aluminum radiators made by WP.
- Exhaust System: Light and robust. The aluminum silencers on XC-W models are renowned for their outstanding performance, while keeping noise to a level well within FIM rules.
- Frame: The modern frame design of the 250 XCF-W, comprising lightweight, high strength, chrome-molybdenum steel section tubes, combines maximum longitudinal stiffness with optimum torsional stiffness. This guarantees easy handling and precise steering behavior, as well as excellent ride stability. It clearly represents the benchmark in terms of weight and stability. Thanks to the frame design and the rear PDS damping system, impacts at the rear wheel are absorbed and dissipated optimally. For 2016 the frame is protected by a new, robust skidplate.
- Suspension/Damping: The KTM 250 XCF-W is fitted with a new front fork featuring newly designed fork boots with shorter offset, increased trail and a new suspension settings, optimally tuned to weight and engine. In addition, the fork features new fork guards allowing for easier cleaning. At the rear, a PDS shock absorber from WP Suspension works with a direct linkage to the upper side of the swingarm. A wide range of setting options for rebound damping and high- and low-speed compression damping are standard and can be adjusted to suit racing and trail conditions.
- Swingarm: The cast aluminum swingarm has been developed with state-of-the-art calculation and simulation software and constructed for minimum weight, optimum stiffness and precisely defined flexibility.
- Triple Clamps: The high-end CNC machined triple clamps have been specifically designed for off-road use and ensures precise handling thanks to precision clamping of the fork legs. The rider receives precise feedback from the front wheel, even in the toughest terrain, thereby increasing riding safety and speed.
- Brakes: High-tech Brembo brakes have always been standard equipment on KTM off-road bikes, and combined with the lightweight Galfer Wave discs, they are the ultimate solution in braking technology. Being the class-leading brakes in off-road, they are unchanged for 2016.
- Front Axle: The front axle has been reduced in size from 26mm to 22mm to reduce weight and offer better front end feel. The adjusted offset from 35mm to 33mm increases trail and provides more stability.
- Front Fork Guards: The fork protectors have been adapted to the fork shoes and are also lighter. The open design offers the same level of protection while giving easier access to the fork legs for quicker cleaning and faster maintenance.
- Wheels: The black colored aluminum Giant rims with black spokes are mated to CNC machined hubs and lightweight aluminum nipples to achieve maximum stability at minimum weight. These high quality, lightweight black rims have been developed for KTM and offer top performance when fitted with the new Dunlop GEOMAX AT81 tires on all XC-W models.
- Crank-case: The pressure the cast crankcase has been designed with significantly reduced wall thicknesses compared to cases produced by gravity die cast. The aluminum alloy utilized has great tensile strength while ensuring high resilience against stone-chipping and other damage.
- Crankshaft: The 250 XCF-W's crankshaft has a flywheel that is designed to achieve optimum traction. The crankshaft employs a plain big end bearing. Two force-fitted bearing shells run directly on the crank pin. The necessary oil feed for this bearing is ensured by the engine's pressure lubrication. This design increases the engine's long-term durability and lengthens crankshaft service intervals, which is a customer benefit in terms of time, effort and cost.
- Cylinder & Piston: The short stroke and large bore allow the use of large valves. The lightweight, forged bridged box-type piston guarantees optimum performance and a dynamic power delivery, while the low oscillating mass reduces vibration.
- Cylinder Head: The centerpiece of the DOHC engine is its cylinder head with two overhead camshafts and DLC coated followers. The large, flow optimized ports in combination with large intake valves ensure a high flow rate, which in turn provides significant performance. The camshafts have been designed to achieve maximum power and torque figures while maintaining an off-road specific power delivery.
- DDS Clutch: The one-piece basket of the DDS clutch (damped diaphragm steel) is machined from solid high-tensile steel in one solid part together with the primary drive gear. This process guarantees unbeatable reliability and, together with the thin steel linings, contributes to the narrow engine width due to a compact rivet-less design. The diaphragm spring makes it possible to implement an additional rubber damping system inside the clutch hub, ensuring reliability for the transmission and excellent traction. Finally, the hydraulic clutch mechanism by Brembo in conjunction with the diaphragm spring provides a very light clutch operation and controllable modulation.
- Engine Management System (EMS): The Engine Management System by Keihin with electronic fuel injection via a 42mm throttle body ensures a snappy response and maximum engine performance. An oil-cooled 196 W alternator provides sufficient energy for the fuel injection, lighting and other electrical loads. With an optional map-select switch from the Power Parts program, the EMS can allow the rider to select different engine characteristics. In addition, the optional User-Setting-Tool provides the ability to readout engine data with a laptop and change the ignition and injection mapping with just a few mouse clicks.
- Starter: The 250 XCF-W engine can be started with a kick starter as well as an electric starter. Well protected behind the cylinder, the electric starter is connected to the starter freewheel on the ignition rotor via the starter drive in the ignition cover.
- Transmission: Specifically developed for the 250 XCF-W, the 6-speed off-road gearbox has relatively short gears from 1st to 5thand an overdrive 6th gear. The transmission is distinguished by easy and precise shifting.
- Valve Train: The crankshaft drives an intermediate multifunctional shaft, which in turn drives the coolant pump and the two camshafts via the cam chain, while also acting as a counter balancer. A hydraulic tensioner ensures reliable chain tension to achieve highly precise valve timings.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Displacement: 249.91 cm³
- Bore: 78 mm
- Stroke: 52.3 mm
- Starter: Electric starter
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Primary drive: 24:73
- Secondary gear ratio: 13:52
- Clutch: Wet, DDS multi-disc clutch, Brembo hydraulics
- EMS: Keihin EMS
- Frame design: Chrome-molybdenum steel central-tube frame
- Front suspension: WP USD Ø 48 mm
- Rear suspension: WP PDS shock absorber
- Suspension travel (front): 300 mm
- Suspension travel (rear): 335 mm
- Front brake: Disc brake
- Rear brake: Disc brake
- Front brake disc diameter: 260 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Steering head angle: 63.5 deg.
- Wheelbase: 1482 ± 10 mm
- Ground clearance: 345 mm
- Seat height: 970 mm
- Tank capacity (approx.): 8.5 L
- Weight READY TO RACE (without fuel): 105.5 kg
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- 249.91 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 78 x 52.3 mm
- Front Suspension
- WP USD Ø 48 mm
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Suspension
- WP PDS shock absorber
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 105.5 kg
- Fuel Capacity
- 8.5 L
- 1482 ± 10 mm
- Ground Clearance
- 345 mm
- Seat Height
- 970 mm