Inventory Unit Detail
2018 KTM 250 XC-W TPI
Call for Price
KTM’s 250cc engine is known to be the most powerful and most competitive 2-stroke engine in the world. And now things get even better. The 2018 KTM 250 XC-W TPI boasts a newly developed and patented TPI (transfer port injection) fuel injection system - a truly unique feature when it comes to 2-stroke race bikes. The patented EFI system with two injectors into the transfer ports of the cylinder makes the engine much smoother to ride and reduces the fuel consumption drastically, a global game changer in terms of technology. Gone is the hassle of jetting, premixing gas and difficult starting. It was time to give a new push to 2-stroke technology and prove 2-strokes have a bright future. The KTM 250 XC-W TPI is leading the charge as the most advanced READY TO RACE 2-stroke.
- NEW 249cc 2-Stroke engine fitted with a patented TPI fuel injection system for perfect fueling at any altitude, no premixing and reduced fuel consumption while still living up to the standard of a KTM 2-stroke.
- NEW Cylinder with two injectors placed in the rear transfer ports for excellent downstream atomization of fuel.
- NEW EMS featuring a new ECU controlling ignition timing and fuel based on information from 5 sensors reading intake and ambient air pressure, throttle position, oil and water temperature for optimized engine response.
- NEW 39mm throttle body by Dell'Orto features a butterfly valve controlled by a twin cable throttle.
- NEW electronic oil pump feeds oil from the 700cc oil tank to intake to ensure a perfect fueloil mix under any condition while reducing smoking by 50% for up to 5 tanks of fuel.
- UPDATED WP Xplor 48 upside-down split front fork with new outer tubes for more sensitivity, less stiction and reduced weight. Revised settings are stiffer as well.
- UPDATED WP Xplor PDS rear suspension features stiffer settings while still offering the progressive feel and excellent bottoming resistance only PDS can provide.
- NEW radiator guards provide better airflow in muddy conditions.
- Engine cases feature a compact shaft arrangement for better mass centralization.
- Cylinder with twin-valve controlled power valve for smooth power that can be adjusted within seconds for different track conditions.
- Revolutionary lateral counter balancer reduces engine vibrations for less rider fatigue at the end of the moto.
- 6-speed wide ratio transmission is perfectly suited for off -road duty
- Hydraulically operated DDS clutch features a damping system for better traction and durability.
- Lightweight Chromoly steel frame provides high torsional rigidity with less longitudinal stiffness resulting in excellent handling and energy absorption
- PDS Shock mounting geometry is matched to the aluminum swingarm with a centered location for nearly symmetrical loads to the swingarm.
- Forged aluminum triple clamp with handlebar positions and a 22mm offset for precise handling.
- ODI grips that feature a lock-on design for the left grip and a vulcanized grip on the throttle side.
- "No Dirt" footpeg design keeps the pegs pivot from becoming clogged, ensuring the footpeg is always in the correct position.
- CNC machined hubs, high-end Giant rims and Dunlop tires for maximum strength and traction
- Airbox and filter design provides maximum performance with fast "no tools" air filter changes.
- Bodywork with perfect ergonomics and contact points for maximum control and comfort.
- 2.4 gallon see-through polyethylene tank provides the range needed from a true READY TO RACE enduro bike.
- "No Dirt" shift lever prevents dirt from fouling the lever joint to ensure proper shifting in any condition.
- Engine Type: Single Cylinder, 2-Stroke
- Displacement: 249 cc
- Bore/Stroke: 64.4 / 72 mm
- Starter: Electric, Lithium Ion 12 V 2 Ah / Kickstarter
- Transmission: 6 Gears, wide ratio
- Fuel System: TPI, Dell’Orto 39mm Throttle Body
- Lubrication: Electronically Regulated Oil Pump
- Primary Ratio: 26:73
- Final Drive: 13:50
- Cooling: Liquid Cooling
- Clutch: Wet Multi-Disc DDS Clutch, Brembo Hydraulics
- Ignition: Synerject EMS
- Frame: Central Double-Cradle Type 25CrMo4 Steel
- Subframe: Aluminum
- Handlebar: Neken, Aluminum Ø 28/22mm
- Front Suspension: WP Xplor USD Ø 48mm
- Rear Suspension: WP Xplor PDS Monoshock
- Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 300 mm / 11.8 in; 310 mm / 12.2 in
- Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 260 mm; 220 mm
- Front/Rear Rims: 1.60 x 21” / 2.15 x 18” Giant
- Front/Rear Tires: 80/100-21” / 110/100-18” Dunlop GEOMAX AT81
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in
- Silencer: Aluminum
- Steering Head Angle: 26.5º
- Triple Clamp Offset: 22 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,482mm ± 10 mm / 58.3 ± 0.4 in
- Ground Clearance: 370mm / 14.6 in
- Seat Height: 960 mm / 37.8 in
- Tank Capacity, Approx: 9 l / 2.4 gal
- Weight (without fuel), Approx: 103 kg / 227 lbs
- Engine Type
- Single Cylinder, 2-Stroke
- 249 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 64.4 x 72 mm
- Liquid Cooling
- Fuel System
- TPI, Dell’Orto 39mm Throttle Body
- Synerject EMS
- Front Suspension
- WP Xplor USD Ø 48mm
- Front Brakes
- Disc Brake 260 mm
- Front Tire
- 80/100-21 in. Dunlop GEOMAX AT81
- Rear Suspension
- WP Xplor PDS Monoshock
- Rear Brakes
- Disc Brake 220 mm
- Rear Tire
- 110/100-18 in. Dunlop GEOMAX AT81
- Dry Weight
- 227 lb. (103 kg)
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.4 gal. (9 L)
- 58.3 ± 0.4 in. (1,482mm ± 10 mm)
- Ground Clearance
- 14.6 in. (370mm)
- Seat Height
- 37.8 in. (960 mm)
- 6 Gears, wide ratio
- Final Drive
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in