Inventory Unit Detail
2020 KTM 250 SX-F
Dynamic In Every Way: The KTM 250 SX-F was primed for global domination and is set to continue its dominance for 2020. Not only is it the lightest bike in its class, but it also offers an unrivalled, confidence-inspiring power delivery, making it a great choice for both amateur and professional riders. Laying the power down effectively is the secret to fast lap times and this capable package has all the right credentials to get the most important job done - getting to the chequered flag first.
- 4-strokes have taken motocross to unthinkable new extremes in a playground where KTM is a dominant force. Lighter and more compact than ever thought possible, these well-balanced engineering masterpieces deliver class-leading power in the most dynamic way. Straight from the showroom floor, KTM 4-strokes offer READY TO RACE performance of the highest caliber.
- Unrivalled power: Renowned as the strongest engine in 250 competition, the 2020 version maintains its dominance. Its compact structure contributes to excellent mass centralization, which supports the easy rideability of the bike. The 2020 model features a new, stronger oil pump intermediate gear that, along with several other small, but important refinements, contributes to improved reliability. The low weight of only 57.1 lbs, in combination with the compact engine layout and unrivalled power, once again makes the KTM 250 SX-F a real force to be reckoned with, yet still easy to ride for both amateur and professional riders.
- Cylinder head: An integral part of the class-leading power delivery is the cutting-edge DOHC (double overhead camshaft) cylinder head. It features two overhead camshafts which activate the titanium valves (intake 32.5 mm, exhaust 26.5 mm) via the super-light, DLC coated finger followers. The camshafts have a friction-optimized super-fine surface and a timing that delivers incredibly refined power.
- Crankshaft: The KTM 250 SX-F has a rigid crankshaft and a connecting rod that features a plain big end bearing with two force-fitted bearing shells running directly on the crank pin. This design was essential for the extremely high engine speeds and unrivalled maximum power of the 250 cc 4-stroke engine. The design also enhances the engine's durability, allowing long crankshaft service intervals, which is a huge benefit in terms of time, effort and cost.
- Crankcases and engine covers: The compact engine cases are manufactured using a high pressure die-cast production process that helps with weight reduction, while retaining strength and durability. The design allows for optimal shaft arrangements close to the center of gravity, resulting in ideal mass centralization and easier rideability. The engine covers feature a smart surface structure that reduces wear caused by the rider's boots, keeping them looking as fresh as the day you bought it.
- Effective heat control: Maintaining the optimal engine temperature is crucial to ensuring consistent horsepower throughout the ride. The KTM 250 SX-F features radiators which are positioned for a lower center of gravity. Their design matches the shrouds perfectly and offers a great slim feel to the ergonomics. By using CFD technology (computational fluid dynamics) together with a clever coolant circuit routing, the innovative system ensures the optimum engine temperature for the highest performance, no matter what the conditions. The radiators also feature special protectors that serve not only as protection from flying rocks and debris but also as a brace that disperses energy around the radiators in the event of an impact.
- Tuned for power: When it comes to power delivery and performance, the exhaust on all 4-stroke models plays a key role and packs a punch that is hard to beat. It features a model specific header pipe with an advanced resonator called FDH (Flow Design Header), which is a small chamber around the pipe. The design allows the exhaust to be disassembled without removing the shock absorber and also provides better access to the shock. The aluminum sleeve, end cap and internal design of the silencer allow for slimmer ergonomics, making the bike feel narrower, without compromise to regulatory noise limits.
- Every rider knows that when the feeling on the bike is good, the ride is even better. The chassis forms an integral part of this "connection," providing feedback between track and rider. The KTM 250 SX-F features a lightweight, high-tech steel frame that provides accurate rider feedback while also reducing the harshness of typical motocross terrain. For 2020, the suspension features improved damping characteristics. The reworked settings offer a slightly softer, more comfortable feel that, together with the flex characteristics of the chassis, contributes to an intuitive, high-performance ride like no other.
- Superior core stability: The frame on the KTM 250 SX-F has to cater for the dynamic riding styles typical of the class it fits into. As with the entire SX range, the frame is professionally crafted from hydroformed chromium molybdenum steel tubes that are robot welded to ensure the highest levels of consistent quality. The carefully calculated stiffness of the frame delivers responsive handling and works perfectly with the suspension to provide excellent agility and high-speed stability. All 2020 KTM SX frames feature a highly durable powder coating and come with standard frame protectors. The subframe is made from lightweight aluminum and provides great feeling for the rider, as well as easy movement across the seat.
- Swingarm: The KTM 250 SX-F's one-piece swingarm is manufactured using a gravity die-cast production process, for exceptional strength at the lowest possible weight. It offers a wide range of adjustment for the rear wheel, allowing for a shorter wheelbase on tighter, twisty tracks, or a longer wheelbase for greater stability on longer, more choppy tracks. The swingarm's chain measurement markings are visible from above, making adjustment simpler and more accurate.
- KTM uses lightweight, CNC-machined hubs and high-end Excel rims on all SX models, guaranteeing maximum stability and minimum weight. The aluminum spoke nipples feature a design that conveniently reduces the frequency with which the spokes need to be tightened. The wheels are fitted with the latest DUNLOP Geomax MX 3S tires, delivering maximum grip and stability, effectively transferring all the power to the ground.
- Rear suspension: All KTM SX models feature a WP XACT DDC (Dynamic Damping Control) monoshock, which has been developed to work as a complete unit with the entire frame and swingarm architecture, as well as the linkage system and the WP XACT fork. It features high-quality machined and anodized components, which add a touch of class and give it appeal beyond just a functional necessity. It is fully adjustable, including high and low speed compression, allowing you to set the shock up precisely to suit any track and rider's preferences.
- Front suspension: All full-size KTM SX models are fitted with the super-lightweight WP XACT front fork with AER technology and feature updated settings for 2020. It is a 48 mm USD air-sprung fork with separate functions in each fork leg, with damping functions on the right side and the air spring on the left. The left leg features a two-chamber system with a capsuled air cartridge, helping prevent loss of air pressure. Essentially, this means that in the rare case of a leaking outer seal, the internal cartridge pressure keeps the bike in a normal position. The air spring is exceptionally easy to use and can be adjusted to any rider weight via a single air valve and the air pump that is supplied with the bike. The right fork leg integrates a damping cartridge to fit single damping leg requirements and can be adjusted to the track conditions and the rider's preferences. Additionally, the fork top caps have a new design for improved, easy adjustment(compression from top, rebound from bottom, 30 clicks each).
- Triple clamp: All KTM SX models feature top quality, CNC-machined triple clamps which have become a KTM trademark. The triple clamp has a precisely calculated stiffness and offset (22 mm offset for all models) to match the flex characteristics of the frame and fork. The result is a front end that works in perfect harmony, contributing positively to the overall handling and stability. The rubber damped handlebar fixation reduces vibration and also allows for some adjustment with two different mounting positions. An hour meter is fitted as standard on the upper triple clamp on all SX models, keeping the rider informed of the number of hours spent tearing up the track and when the next service is due.
- Highly effective braking: High-tech BREMBO brakes have always been standard equipment on all KTM motocross bikes. Combined with lightweight wave discs, the renowned system provides the highest level of braking efficiency, enabling you to out-brake the competition.
- Shaped for mobility: All models in the KTM SX range are fitted with lightweight polyethylene fuel tanks. The shape of the fuel tank allows for slim ergonomics without compromise to the 1.85 gallon fuel capacity. The filler cap has an inside thread that makes for easy and reliable closure. All models in the KTM SX range are fitted with lightweight polyethylene fuel tanks. The shape of the fuel tank allows for slim ergonomics without compromise to the 1.85 gallon fuel capacity. The filler cap has an inside thread that makes for easy and reliable closure.
- It is important for a rider to work in harmony with the motorcycle, maintaining momentum by moving together with the natural forces. The ergonomics on the 2020 range is optimal for high-level performance and provides a riding position that offers the best maneuverability and control. The handlebar position can also be adjusted to suit every rider size and ergonomic preference. A rider's main interaction with the motorcycle comes through the bodywork, seat, footpegs and handlebars, which all play a vital role in overall control. When it comes to ergonomics, absolutely no compromises were made and only the best quality products feature on the 2020 KTM SX models.
- Made for mobility: All KTM SX models feature a seat that perfectly matches the range's dynamic performance-oriented ergonomics. The seat cover features silicone strips that provide better feel and grip for the rider. The seat is conveniently fixed to the bike using one long, lateral screw, making it secure and easy to handle. All KTM SX models feature a seat that perfectly matches the range's dynamic performance-oriented ergonomics. The seat cover features silicone strips that provide better feel and grip for the rider. The seat is conveniently fixed to the bike using one long, lateral screw, making it secure and easy to handle.
- Control in your hands: All full-size KTM SX models are equipped with the same high-strength aluminum tapered handlebar, made by NEKEN. The handlebar is fixed in rubber damped mountings, which allow for two different positions. The handlebars come standard with an ODI vulcanized grip on the right side and a comfortable ODI lock-on grip, which does not require any wire or glue, on the left.
- Staying connected: Sophisticated ´no-dirt´ footpegs prevent clogging of the footpeg pivot, even when digging in deep ruts. Looking for a higher riding position? Then just mount the footpegs of the MY2019 EXC models, which are 6 mm higher than the SX versions.
- KTM's 4-stroke motocross machines set the industry benchmark when it comes to innovative technology and styling. With input from KTM factory riders, as well as KTM R&D and Kiska Design, the bodywork of the KTM 250 SX-F pushes the boundaries of style, function and progression. The result is a shape that achieves complete harmony between rider and bike. The main goal is to provide the optimal contact points for maximum freedom of movement and excellent handling. The front and rear fenders feature an intelligent I-beam design, guaranteeing maximum stability with the lowest possible weight.
- The winning look: The new inlay graphics add to the fast and aggressive look of the bike and confirm KTM's never-ending quest for race-winning progression. The new inlay graphics add to the fast and aggressive look of the bike and confirm KTM's never-ending quest for race-winning progression.
- 4-strokes have defined the modern era of motocross - a playground where the KTM SX-F range has pushed the boundaries of performance innovation. To stay ahead in the competitive 250 class, KTM equipped the 250 SX-F with a multifunctional handlebar map switch. The unit activates innovative features like traction control, launch control and even alternative power curves. By pushing performance to the absolute extreme, electronics have become a necessary addition for ensuring power is delivered in the most effective way. KTM SX-F models also feature other unique advantages, like the proven electric starter. Now, more than ever, READY TO RACE performance is only the push of a button away.
- Always ready: All SX-F models feature a capable, super lightweight 2 Ah Lithium-Ion starter battery, ensuring quick and effective starting of the engine, especially in cold weather conditions. The voltage regulator and condenser, as well as all the electrical components are packaged in a common area below the seat, making the entire system compact and reliable.
- Traction Control: TRACTION CONTROL is a highly beneficial feature that guarantees more efficient traction and better control of the bike when accelerating on wet or slippery hard pack surfaces. It can be activated by the handlebar map switch during riding.
- Launch Control: By pushing both buttons on the map switch, the rider can activate LAUNCH CONTROL, which ensures a more efficient launch out of the start gate. It reduces the maximum engine speed for the very first moment of the start to give better control. The EFI control lamp mounted on the upper triple clamps flashes when the function is active.
- Handlebar Map Select Switch: With one touch of a button, the map switch gives the rider the chance to select between a standard map setting and a more aggressive map for loamy, high grip dirt conditions. This is particularly useful for changing track conditions or for a rider that is looking for more control as he begins to fatigue.
- Displacement: 249.9 cm³
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Bore: 78 mm
- Stroke: 52.3 mm
- Starter: Electric starter
- Transmission: 5-speed
- Clutch: Multi-plate clutch, Brembo hydraulics
- EMS: Keihin EMS
- Frame design: Central double-cradle-type 25CrMo4 steel
- Front suspension: WP XACT-USD, Ø 48 mm
- Rear suspension: WP XACT Monoshock with linkage
- Front brake: Disc brake
- Rear brake: Disc brake
- Front brake disc diameter: 260 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4"
- Steering head angle: 63.9 °
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke
- 249.9 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 78 mm x 52.3 mm
- Fuel System
- Keihin EMS
- Front Suspension
- WP XACT-USD, Ø 48 mm
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Suspension
- WP XACT Monoshock with linkage
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Final Drive
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.